Usually i prefers to cook chickpeas masala(chole),chole palak and cabbage chana with chick pea........These are very high in proteins,in dietary fibre and very low in fat...
....this time tried in rice combination...
... that is CHANA PULAV..it is a very healthy and tasty pulav.....
...so here goes the recipe...
.......try this and let me know what you think friends......
...
Ingredients
basmati rice-1 1/2 cups
chick peas-1 cup
tomatoes-1 big
coconut milk-1 cup
cloves-4
cardamon-3
staranise-2
onion-1
green chilli-4
garam masala-1tsp
oil-2 tbsps
ghee-2 tbsps
salt-to taste
cinnamon-1inch piece
cilantro-few leaves
mint leaves-few
red chili powder-to taste
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
red chili powder-to taste
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
wash and soak the chick peas over night and pressure cook for 3 whistles or til soft and cooked.....
chop the onions+green chili+tomato and make into puree.wash and soak the rice for 20mints...........
heat a thick bottomed vessel and add ghee and oil.....add in cloves,cardamom,cinnamon, staranise and saute for half minute......
add in onions+green chili+tomato puree and mint leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.........
add boiled chick peas and mix all together and fry til it gives a nice aroma..throw in finely chopped mint+cilantro leaves too.......
now add in milk and water as needed yo cook rice and let boil..........add salt too........
when the water starts boiling add in rice and let it cook.
when the water has evaporated close the lid tightly or put and heavy weight (like iron tawa)on the lid and cook for 5 more minutes in low flame.........or til rice done..........
serve hot with any raita or gravy.............
pulao looks awesome. must be tasting great
ReplyDeleteHealthy pulao. I love chick peas in pulao
ReplyDeleteVery good combo. Protein with rice a complete meal.
ReplyDeletehealthy and delicious pilaf.. name is different...
ReplyDeleteThis chick pea recipe looks great, I'm going to make it soon,I like the spices in it.
ReplyDeleteDon't like the cartoon character that is in the way right now.
Delicious looking pilaf...
ReplyDeleteWow loved the pilaf dear,will surely try out this recipe.
ReplyDeletefoodydelight.com
healthy and protein rich pulao..
ReplyDeleteJoin the Just "4" Fun event :)
Hi Maha, I love chick peas too, you chick peas pulav look delicious. Might give it a try one of this day, got to hold on first as my to do list is getting longer and too little time.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day.
protein packed food.. yum :)
ReplyDeleteOngoing Event : I'm The Star
Something very different :-) Nice!
ReplyDeletehttp://gharkhana.blogspot.in/
good recipe for lent time too... thanz 4 sharing
ReplyDeleteReshmi Noel collections
Hi Maha, this chana pulav is looks really nice u done delicious...... follow u:).Thanks.
ReplyDeleteNice and inviting pulao !! looks wonderful !!
ReplyDeleteOngoing event CC:Vegan Diet - Plant Based Food
wow ....superb pulav dear....yummy
ReplyDeleteLove chana, very flavorful and delicious pulao..
ReplyDeleteNice recipe, normally i just mix leftover chana masala with rice to make this :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a tasty looking dish! Can't wait to try it.
ReplyDeletehttp://yummychunklet.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/quick-simple-chicken-soup/
The pulao looks yummy...I usually make this with leftover chole :-)
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to make this for a long time now...will have to try it soon...like your version
ReplyDeleteVery interesting recipe..chick peas with rice...yumm and am hungry!
ReplyDeleteloved the addition of coconut milk ...Yummy and flavorful pulav
ReplyDeleteVery yummy delicious pilaf!!
ReplyDeleteCook in any recipe with "Cilantro /Cumin & Just link in EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event
Erivum Puliyum
This dish looks fantastic.... I really enjoy chickpeas but never eat them enough. I like that they are in a rice dish looks yummy.
ReplyDeletepulav looks gr8...delicious
ReplyDeleteGreat dish and lovely presentation. Very very nice!
ReplyDeletedelicious chick peas pulao recipe dear...loved it !
ReplyDeleteChickpeas pulao looks great! chickpeas goes well with anything and everything!
ReplyDeleteChick peas and rice, that does sound like a great blend. This is a new one for me, but no doubt a tasty dish. Wish I had a fork and that plate of food in front of me-yum!
ReplyDeletedelicious pulao..
ReplyDeleteChickpeas pulao looks so tasty dear,love ur blog Happy to follow ur blog:) do join my blog.spicenflavors.com
ReplyDeleteDelicious looking channa pulao...lovely preparation dear!
ReplyDeleteHi Maha,
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog! Your recipes are wonderful and I can't wait to try the brinjal chutney! I'm following you now :)
Love this pulav!
ReplyDeletehttp://followfoodie.blogspot.com/
yummy pilaf
ReplyDeleteHealthy Pulav...Loved it !!
ReplyDelete