Once again it`s proving that Iam always late in posting special recipes,like festivals recipes,occassional specials or even my guest post event posts..But,actually my day starts late and after finishing the whole work,aorund 3 pm i take my laptop to check out blog..But,still i don`t feel shame to accept that Iam bit lazy,yeah..This year Mahadev will enter into first class,and his studies going to be serious..
We couple thinking to shift him in other school called Monogolo which is popular in foz..Iam bit nervous about my kids studies and thinking seriously to decide the school..Well,I understood last month that blogging is just a part/passion which should not disturb our personal life.That`s why I decided to spends much time for my personal tasks and home.But,Maximum I`ll be in touch with you all and never keeps Mahaslovelyhome in silence..Hope I can...
We couple thinking to shift him in other school called Monogolo which is popular in foz..Iam bit nervous about my kids studies and thinking seriously to decide the school..Well,I understood last month that blogging is just a part/passion which should not disturb our personal life.That`s why I decided to spends much time for my personal tasks and home.But,Maximum I`ll be in touch with you all and never keeps Mahaslovelyhome in silence..Hope I can...
O.K coming to the guest post,today we are going to meet Niloufe Riyaz who blogs at Kitchen Samraj.. She shares all kind of recipes,specially I like Baklava sweet recipe in her blog..First we met in blogging by writing comments on each other posts,later came to know deeply through FB..Though we don`t chat often,we are in touch by liking each other posts and pics in FB..It sounds crazy..Hahahahahaa!!!! When i asked about writing guest post she sent recipe within a week,but some how I missed posting it in december..still feeling happy to share this wonderful recipe in the new year and thank you so much dear..
Kuih Dadar / Sweet Coconut filled Pancakes
I've always love Malaysian Cuisine and Since my mom is a Singaporean Malay food is a part of my life. Those who knows about malay cuisine will know that Pandan leaves plays a major part of both sweet and savory cuisine. Kuih Dadar is a pancake flavoured with pandan leaves and stuffed with sweet coconut filling. This sweet is a family favorite of ours and now it will be yours too...
Few words:
1.abt u few words vch v don't know:
I am Niloufer , author of Kitchen Samraj. Coming from Tamil Nadu learnt cooking in my late teens. My father, My hubby and my whole family has been so supportive for my blog. Apart from cooking love to do embroidery, crochet and fabric painting. My kids especially my son is a great fan of my cooking and coz of which My creative side has been brought out.
2. 3 photography tips or kitchen tips:
a) When you par-boil rice for making Biryani, in the water add enough salt, lemon juice,1/4 tsp Shahi jeera, few peppercorns, clove, cardamom and cinnamon( 1 each). This flavours the water well and the in the rice along with salt enough lemon will be absorbed and makes the biryani delicious
b) When making poori, after making balls apply little oil and toss them well. You can roll them out without dusting flour and it also keeps the oil clean while frying.
c) If you have less time for making Parotta , Add little baking powder to the flour, and knead the dough well for 15 minutes with Hot water. Within an hour you can make soft Parottas.
3.How to develop blog n blog page to get more fans n views
The recipes should be realistic to make, all the measurements and details should be perfect. Its necessary to provide tips. Interact with fans and respond to the queries.
4.How blog changed ur life& how many posts ur doing in a month
Blogging has enhanced my cooking and has given me confidence in venturing new cuisines. I has made me a better cook, got many friends worldwide. Before the birth of my daughter i used to post daily, but now responsibilities have grown and I post whenever I get time.
5. Finally ,few words abt MLH
MLH is a wonderful blog with more health conscious recipes. I've always been inspired by Maha for her boldness and her creativity for cooking. Maha is a good very friend of mine in the blogger world. Love her passion for blogging.
Recipe:
Ingredients:
Pancake
All purpose flour 1 1/4 cups
Salt 1/4 tsp
Egg small 2nos , beaten
Thin Coconut milk 2/3 cup
Pandanus juice 100 ml
Water 1/4 cup
Oil 1 tbsp + for greasing the pan
Sweet Coconut Filling:
Palm Sugar roughly chopped 1 cup / 150 gms
Water 5 tbsp
Pandanus leaf(knotted) 1 nos
Grated Coconut 1 1/2 cup / 150 gms
Preparation:
Sweet Coconut Filling:
Place the palm sugar and water in a pan and cook until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid starts to thicken and become syrupy.
Add the pandanus leaf and grated coconut and continue to cook over low heat for 10- 15 minutes, until the filling is thick and glossy. Cool
Pancake:
Sift the flour and slat into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour the eggs, coconut milk and Pandanus juice into it. Using a wooden spoon gradually incorporate the flour into the liquid, making a smooth batter.
Thin the batter down with 1/4 cup water and stir in the oil. mix well, cover the bowl and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
Heat a flat surfaced small pan , preferably non-stick over medium heat.Brush the pan with lightly with oil. Stir the batter and when the pan is hot enough pour a small laddle of batter on it and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the base into a thin layer.
Allow the batter to set and just when they begin to brown , flip the pancake and cook the other side just for a few seconds.
Remove from pan. Follow the same procedure for the rest of the batter. brushing them lightly every time.
If the batter starts to thick add little water to thin it down.
Now place a spoonful of coconut filling in the centre of each pancake, fold both ends in and roll the pancake up around the filling.
Enjoy!!
Til now I posted only Indian Recipes,very few brasil recipes and this is the first post may be which comes under international cuisine..Though the recipe process sounds lengthy,I don`t think it takes much time to cook..I really loved the filling mixture ingredients which is very tempting..
Dear..Thank you very much for sharing such a tasty pancakes recipe with good explanation and thank you for the beautiful answers and lovely words about me...
So,friends..I hope you people enjoyed reading today`s special guest post and answers of Niloufer Riyaz...Stay tuned to Mahaslovelyhome for more easy healthy tasty recipes and don`t miss next friday special post..If any one of you interested to write a post,please leave in comment section or send your recipes=answers to my mail id. laharishiva13@gmail.com
Thank so much every one..:)
Happy weekend



we make something so similar... it is surprising how cuisines from world around can be so similar... good to read more about niloufer... :)
ReplyDeleteLovely recipe and great to know more about Niloufer..
ReplyDeleteI am in loss of words to thank you dear! Lovely compilation ,,,, Thank you dear
ReplyDeleteWow ! Nice post. This dish looks delicious.
ReplyDeletelovely guest post maha :) good to know about niloufer :) sweet filled pan cakes are looking so great .. yummy
ReplyDelete